Thursday, May 5, 2011

Bob's Memorial Service (additional info . . . )

A quick note: we would like to invite any and all of Bob's friends, colleagues, enemies ;) —whomever — to share a story, a fond memory, a poem, prayer, song, whatever is in your heart, at the service tomorrow . . . don't worry that there's not "enough time" to polish it, make it perfect, or be "just right," don't care at all if you might be scared or mess up, because if you knew Bob at all, you know he'd be the first to say, "Screw that! Just say what you gotta say!" We'd love to hear the wide and varied stories, memories, snippets from other's experiences and perspectives . . .

We'll announce during the service, when the time comes, for "story time . . . "


3 comments:

  1. Looking at the clock I know that people are now making their way toward West St. Paul, and I so wish I could be there to hug you, Jen, and commune with all those who love Bob so. A friend sent me this little "heart advice" from Buddhist nun, Pemo Chodron just a few minutes ago, and if I could be there in person, this is what I would share...

    "LETTING THERE BE ROOM: Things falling apart is a kind of testing and also a kind of healing. We think that the point is to pass the test or to overcome the problem, but the truth is that things don’t really get solved. They come together and they fall apart. Then they come together again and fall apart again. It’s just like that. The healing comes from letting there be room for all of this to happen: room for grief, for relief, for misery, for joy."

    I'm certain that all of those feelings and many more will be in the room today as you celebrate Bob. I'm going to try and make room for them in my heart as well.

    oxooxoxxo
    Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, like Kerstin, just looked at the clock here in Seattle and realized that the celebration of Bob's life has probably ended. Bob was a high school classmate of mine, and as I thought back to what I remember of him, all that came to mind was the intense way he would slip into rocker mode and lip synch a KISS song. It was so wild to see, and I remember it well. Makes me smile to think of it.

    Jenn, this blog is such a treasure, and you have poured your heart out honestly and openly. I have so appreciated your writing and you inviting us to join you on this journey. Sending up many prayers for you and your family. Cherie (Carlson) Trondson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful......

    ReplyDelete