Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Benefit Fund for Bob

Hey, everyone, just wanted to mention, in case you got an e-mail (or two . . .) from a few good friends of ours, Julie and Cindy, about a benefit fund set up in Bob's name at our bank. Yes, they are legitimate friends, and yes, it's a legitimate account. The first e-mail sent was the rough draft (which had Bob's name spelled wrong) that accidentally got sent out before the final draft. I'm posting this on the blog because we got a message tonight from another friend asking if the e-mail was the real deal or a hoax, which is a legitimate concern that we thought should be clarified before someone reports Julie and Cindy to the local authorities.

These amazing friends (along with a few others, and family members) have been at us for months now, to do something like this for us . . . I have to admit, I'm still trying to embrace the whole thing . . . don't know if I ever will, as much as in my heart I know these awesome chicks are doing this out of love and support and the simple desire to do something to help us. It's just in my head, my own stubborn pride and other "issues" that make me squirm with the awkwardness of it all. . . guess it really hits home how serious this situation is . . . serious as cancer. Bob is actually more "okay" with this than I am, and that is really what matters, so we gave Julie and Cindy our blessings to go ahead with their plans.

But I have to say that I am humbled by, yet again . . . once again, have been brought to my knees, in awesome wonder of the immeasurable love, support and generosity of the people in our lives. Near and far, friends, family, people we haven't seen in a long time, people we haven't even met . . . you all, just by being a part of our lives, render me speechless, fill us with hope and strength and carry us through each and every day. We feel your love. All day every day. I kid you not. Benefit or not. And I hope you feel ours, with our gratitude, back to you.

Anyhow, I just wanted to get the word out to assure you that the e-mail is not a scam by someone in Nigeria posing as "Cindy" and "Julie" in an effort to clean your coffers while lining their own.

In case you didn't receive their e-mail, the account is set up through our bank, Community Resource Bank in Roseville. Donations can be made out to Robert Andrzejek Benefit Fund, and mailed to:

Robert Andrzejek Benefit Fund
c/o Community Resource Bank
1501 West County Road C
Roseville, MN 55117

And now, just to shake the awkward uncomfortableness, here's a video I took of Rocco, when we took our daily walk/run around the 'hood yesterday. It was so entertaining, I'm toying with the idea of installing an underground sprinkler system in our own yard, not to actually water the lawn, but for the sheer entertainment factor.


All's been quiet on the eastern front here in West Lakeland, since Bob was discharged from Transitional care, which has been a blissful change of pace from the previous weeks. We're working on PT stuff, on getting out on walks in the neighborhood, joining me for errands around town, trying to slowly integrate into the world again. He's also been working really hard at packing away the grub, and polishes off about a whole half-gallon of ice cream a day. Not kidding. That'll be my next video. This morning, I was hugging him and teased him about his "love handles." (Yeah, like I could really find them on his now-whopping 113 lbs. frame.) He said, "Yup, one's vanilla flavored, one's chocolate." Was cute when he said it, but now that I type that, seems kinda gross, really . . .

We had a surprise, impromptu BBQ at our house Sunday, for Mother's Day. My mom had spent the morning with Gretchen and her fiance, Brian, in the morning, and was going to go over to Jill's for the afternoon, but they decided to bring the dinner to us, instead! It was a lovely day, with Bob hanging out, chatting with everyone like ol' times (I thought for sure he'd have to take a few naps, even fake a few, especially considering it was my family, aka The Loud Family . . .). We grilled out, hung out, lounged on the patio . . . good food, good company, good day.

Bob has an pre-op appointment with the general surgeons tomorrow, and another CT scan/oncology appointment next week. Quiet days, so not much to report. A good thing, indeed.

Peace, love and sprinkler-diving to all!!! xxooxxoo


6 comments:

  1. Just so everyone knows, I'm the quiet one of the loud family.

    Luv Rocco's playdate with the sprinkler system. Send it in to the funniest video place. They are especially fond of animals and their antics.

    Just keep doing what you're doing....bask in the love and good will of your friends and family. Whatever it is....cards, calls, hugs, and more. We love you two and have you in our hearts.

    Mother's Day was perfect. Didn't think anything could beat the 40 degree mother's day at Sakatah last year....but it came right up there with it. Enjoyed chats with Bob. Didn't get to see him eat ice cream, but you say it's a favorite past-time now days. I'll bring some B & J's the next time I come out.

    I hear the sun is coming out soon and the temps going up. Here's to sunny days and better things to come.

    xoxo Mom/K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, just to clarify, I am not a Barrister from Nigeria asking for money so you can receive your inheritance....I just goof up by sending a rough draft with Bob's last name spelled wrong.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I passed the letter on to friends/clients that are always asking what they can do, how to help. This is a great opportunity for that ! I can't believe how big Rocco is !!!!! I think Maddie might like that too. Take Care..Love to you and Bob. Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the video of Rocco, Nenni and Bubo. And, thanks for sending out the letter Julie, Cindy, and Jen's friends.

    We had a wonderful mother's day, too, but not sure where the "loud" family thing originated? I just don't get that? :) Was great to hang out with Bob and talk to him out in your porch or at the dining room table.

    Sending you two our love, prayers, and strength!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the video of Rocco! Yet more proof that Casper and Rocco are bosom buddies... I forget how many sprinkler heads we've had to replace because he chews them off.

    We think of you both often. Lots of love!!!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad the fund has been set up. I know from experience that when you let people help you, it's really a gift to them.
    Happy healing thoughts and prayers to you both.

    ReplyDelete