Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Celebration of Life service for Bob Andrzejek

Please join us in Celebrating the Beautiful Life of Bob Andrzejek, to be held this Friday at the Dakota Lodge in West St. Paul (see details below). I know it's such short notice, but we're trying to work with visiting families' schedules and Mother's Day weekend, and quite frankly, if Bob had had his way, the service wouldn't be happening at all. He never liked being the center of attention or being fussed over, so I'm also trying to be respectful of his wishes and not make a huge deal out of it (though in my book, he is a huge deal . . .).

I extend an invitation to anyone who knew Bob, to share a fond memory or two about him at the event . . . and in lieu of flowers, please consider a donation to the U of M Raptor Center, in Bob's honor, or to the Ronald McDonald House . . . or, perhaps simply use the money to do something you'd really like to do—go out to dinner, buy a new spring outfit, take a little weekend get-away, head to Valley Fair . . . in other words, use it to enjoy and embrace life, the way Bob did, and the way he would want you to . . .

A Celebration of Life, in honor of Bob Andrzejek
Friday, May 6 at 3 p.m.
1200 Stassen Lane, West St. Paul 55118

Parks_Thompson.gif

Driving Directions
(Driving directions for the park and Dakota Lodge are the same)

From North

  • I-94 to State Hwy 52
  • State Hwy 52 south to Butler Avenue exit in West St Paul, Minnesota
  • West on Butler Avenue East 0.2 miles to Stassen Lane
  • South on Stassen Lane

From South

  • I-494 to State Hwy 52
  • State Hwy 52 north to Butler Avenue exit in West St Paul, Minnesota
  • West on Butler Avenue East 0.2 miles to Stassen Lane
  • South on Stassen Lane

4 comments:

  1. Dear Jen, I really wish I could join all of you, but I will be on I-35 to Ames IA for my nephew's graduation from Iowa State. I wouldn't be surprised, however, to find that Bob will make his presence known at this service in some way. Perhaps an owl will hoot, or the leaves will rustle on the trees, or a thunder boomer might occur. Love to you and all of your and Bob's family and friends from Suzanne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be there in thought, and we will track you down next time we are in the area. Lean on us all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jen,
    You don't know me, but I was a childhood/neighborhood friend of Bob's. I am so very sorry for your loss. Although I lost touch with Bob in my adult life, I never forgot the impact he left me with. I remember him so bravely fighting cancer as a 6th grader. A few years later we would jump on the inner tube in my back yard with another friend of ours, Troy Curry. Bob was an amazing guy and I feel very honored to have known him. Please know I will be praying for you and Bob's family in the days, weeks and months to come.
    Sincerely,
    Sonya (Johnson) Brandts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jen - My apologies but I am out of the country til Sunday and I can't be there on Friday to honor your beloved husband. Please know that I am just one of thousands of people who you and Bob have touched throughout your lives that are holding you in our hearts on this difficult day. Sincerely, Betsy
    "As long as I can I will look at this world for both of us. As long as I can I will laugh with the birds, I will sing with the flowers, I will pray to the stars, for both of us...." Author Unknown

    ReplyDelete